We hope to encourage people with existing or budding ideas to put on their entrepreneurial hat and take action. Do you have what it takes? Two motivated individuals will win $500 to seed their project idea or business in order to propel them forward. Enter now at beta.shareyourself.org/signup.
What is the timeline for the ShareYourself grant contest?
The submission period runs from May 31 - June 21, 2019.
Who is eligible to partake in the ShareYourself grant contest?
Your project must be socially impactful in some way. It can be non-profit or for-profit. It can fit into any wheelhouse, i.e., the arts, a community project, a business, a group, organized activism, etc. Note: no politics.
How do I apply to win the contest?
First, you must sign up for ShareYourself. Then start a project. After submitting your project, message our Community Manager aka House Mama, Lauren McKenna, on the platform to let her know that you’re submitting your project to be entered into the grant contest, along with why you’re entering the contest and what you plan to use the grant for. From there, there are a series of steps you need to take in order to be qualified for receiving the grant.
- Invite at least 2 “tribe members” onto ShareYourself to be part of your core team (these are people who are helping you with your business or project.)
- Create milestones within your project that lay out the small goals you’ll need to achieve to bring your project to completion. Two milestones must be completed by June 21. Create tasks within the milestones and show that the project is progressing by completing said tasks.
- Share regular (or at least three) updates on your project page. Share to Facebook.
- Go to our latest post on Facebook or Instagram and tag 3 friends or other social entrepreneurs.
- Use the tribe chat (our messaging system) to communicate with your team.
- Create either a website or a social media account for your project.
How are the winners chosen?
Everyone who has completed every step will be qualified to be chosen. Our team will determine who qualifies, by cross-checking every step on the check-list. Two winners from the qualified group will then be chosen at random. To be sure that you don’t fall through the crack, you can message Lauren at any point to let her know that you have completed the requirements.
How will I know if I won?
All applicants will be notified promptly about whether they have won or not. If a winner, you will receive your $500 right away.